Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Introduction

Well, I had saved this blog name for the longest time (actually almost 2 yrs) since I started to work from home coz of Mom's medical condition.  It's going to be a blog where I will share my daily life of staying with Mom.  I kept pending to start this blog coz of various reasons....

Let's start with a brief intro re my Mom.  Well both of us are born in the year of the Dog and that seems to be a major problem coz dogs are very territorial.  Makes it worst that she has to come and stay with me since my darling brother have moved to China coz of career commitment.  She is not too old, only about 68 years old BUT her body is very old.  She went through many surgeries especially on her legs during her 40s to 50s and thus had became rather weak.  That plus the fact, she's been diagnosed with dementia and depression.  Therefore I made the decision to stay at home and work so as to look after her as well.  Due to her depression, her weight was only 39kg when she first moved in with me, initially we thought she was suffering from ...well you know..the C word which everyone dreads coz her weight loss was so drastic.  But after going through various medical checks, I found out that she's not been eating while I am at the office.  Ok not to worry, after 2 years of tender TLC and major feeding from me, she weighs 48kg today :)

It's no joke working and looking after a patient at the same time especially someone who is super fussy and have major OCD re cleanliness.  She expects me to mop the floor up to 8 times a day, wash toilet daily and mind you, we are only staying in a HDB 3 Room Flat....

Ok this blog is dedicated to my Mom...as long as she can still remembers us, I would like to write and share more about our *fun* life together...to tell you frankly...I've always preferred to stay on my own thus its a big challenge for us to adapt to each other all over again.

Do watch out for this corner...more coming up.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment